Thursday, November 15, 2012

D.A.K.O.T.A. for 11 points.

I love making things.  
i have said that on the Creations page: here
but this one i decided to blog about on the main page.

i love to play Scrabble.
i love games with words.
i may not always win against Dan but we play friendly.
he can ask me how to spell a word before he places it.
he is the king of major points.
the king of using all his tiles.
i don't think of words like he does, but i do know when it's a real word or if the spelling is off.

I was watching some show on T.V 
and on one set i saw something on the wall that looked like Scrabble letters.
large wood tiles.

i wanted them.

i had to make them for my kids' rooms.

 my Step one:
find the letters for the kids' names in my Scrabble tiles.
for those interested, Elijah's name is 16 points.

step two:
find some scrap wood in the basement.
then
get dan to cut it to size.
(he is better in the math so he figured out the dimensions, and cut all the pieces out for me.)
then
sand the pieces.

step three:
get pencil.
eraser.
ruler.
wood burning kit.
then
draw on the letters and values with pencil.
wood burn over the pencil.
then 
sand again if needed.

step four:
clear coat each tile.
let dry.
clear coat again.
then
get dan to drill into the backs so i can hang on nails.

step five:
get 12 pushpins instead of nails.
haha, yes.  i did say pushpins - so much easier
get level.
pretend to use level, but truly rely on my own eyes.
hang the tiles on the kids' walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment