Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Papa John vs. Big Cat

In September my dad ran the Terry Fox Run with me. 
At that time we had no idea that Cancer was stalking him.
i say stalking because that's how i see what it is doing.

unfortunately, in some people cancer ravages them.
cancer grips a hold and tears apart.
it destroys and kills.

in my dad the cancer is a lion.. a panther.
it is slowly, quietly stalking him.
deciding how to destroy him, but biding it's time.
it had already began scratching at his tonsil
it had made a place of rest in a lump in his neck.
it is circling, patiently.

if you have ever seen a cat, large or small, stalking prey
that is how i see the cancer in my dad.
it has not ripped, torn, shredded.
it is stalking him...
waiting for the right time to lunge, to attack with full force.

believe me, even a stalking panther is dangerous.
it's quiet and light on it's feet.
it is stealth.
it is killer waiting to happen.

thankfully my dad has attacked before it had the opportunity to lunge.

his chemo and radiation end over this next week. 
then we'll see if the cat is killed or just tranquilized.
i pray it's dead.
because i don't want it to wake up mad.


More on my dad's cancer see: my mom's blog

4 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle,
    I don't remember if I commented on your previous post re: your Dad's cancer, but I'm so sorry to hear this and we are praying. Praying for peace, for healing, for joy in the midst of trials and for opportunities to see Jesus as the Saviour that He is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful insight Michelle! For those of us who also battle cancer, we understand the sediments exactly. We pray not only for your dad, but for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well written Michelle!

    ReplyDelete