Saturday, April 16, 2011

some wishes come true.

Have you ever said or wished something and then only a mere moment later have it happen?

Not a positive wish.
One that you didn't really mean, but it was a frustration or angry moment and the thought/words came before you could filter them.

I had one of those on friday.

Our dog has been a handful this past week.
He has not been listening.
I have been quite frustrated and annoyed with him.
Friday i put my daughter to her nap and went out to see 'Jack'.

There he was
playing in the ditch
down by the road.
I called him.
He looked at me, cocking his head, as if debating what to do.
Why come when he is doing something wrong.
...to sum up he did finally get out of the ditch and ran to the back edge of the yard.

On my way to the house to get the chain i started venting - to no one in particular.
"i hate this dog.
I'm sick of cleaning up his poo
I'm sick of him not listening
i just wish he'd run on the road and get hit.
but what I hate is that I'd miss him,
i'd cry.
i'd actually miss the annoying dog."
and I continued to complain.

I came out of the house, attached the chain to the pole and called Jack.

IMMEDIATELY, from the road...
THUMP!...
WHIMPER.

I ran so fast to the front of the house
I knew exactly what happened.
there was a pick-up pulled over on the side of the road, with a lady exiting it-crying
She hadn't seen him until he jumped onto the road - from the ditch on the other side from our house

I had just wished it.
I HADN'T MEANT IT!

Thankfully, he wasn't lying anywhere.
in fact... he wasn't anywhere.
we searched, called his name.
another driver had seen the hit and saw him run across the street and up into the bush.

My neighbor - who I am SO THANKFUL for - went out looking for Jack as I had to go in with my kids.
My neighbor spent the next hour and a bit looking in our back bush.
When dan came home he and his dad joined the search.
the boy and I prayed Jack would be alright.

just over 2 hours from Jack being hit
Dan came home walking a very sore, banged up, scared dog!
Jack has some wounds.
but he is ok. 

I am so thankful my full wish hadn't come true.

Be careful what you wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment