Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lunatic, Liar or Lord

**Alright, so I changed the look of my blog - not sure what I think.  
Oh well, I'll let it stay for a while and then tweak it to something I like.. or who knows I may begin to LOVE it.  we'll see.**

As Easter arrives, and thoughts turn to Christ, His death and resurrection - 
the reason we celebrate Good Friday and Easter.
I have been thinking about who He is, and why He did what He did.

C.S.Lewis (Clive Staples Lewis) was a fantastic Christian writer.  
He wrote wonderful kids stories (enjoyed by ALL ages) - The Chronicles of Narnia.  
But he also wrote many books about the Christian Life.

(photo from wikipedia)
This quote, from his book 'Mere Christianity', is CS Lewis talking about who Christ was/is.  
"I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God.'  That is the one thing we must not say.  A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher.  He would be either a lunatic - on the level with the man who says he's a poached egg - or else he would be the Devil of Hell.  You must make your choice.  Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse.  You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. "  *emphasis, mine.
Lunatic...Liar or Lord.  
As the Easter holiday comes and goes, take the time and think about who you truly believe Jesus to be.



1 comment:

  1. It's funny (not haha!) to me how he wrote this in the 1940s (maybe?) and yet people still today and tomorrow will think the same thought about JC. Even more funny (still not haha!) to me it is that people today, myself included, doubt the existance of God or His presence in our lives. I'm human. Small brain. Selfish ambition. Yet His mind is on me!

    ReplyDelete