Friday, April 1, 2011

Japan

So, there was an earthquake and a tsunami in Japan.

no, I'm not behind with the news, I didn't just hear about it, but I'm finally sitting down and writing out some thoughts. 

yesterday as I was doing something - i forget what it was - something that was just a part of daily routine, I stopped and thought about all those people whose lives have been turned upside down - some of them, literally.  
and I wanted to cry. 

the day to day, ho-hum routine is probably something they are wishing they could be doing now, but instead of that they are hoping to hear from loved ones, or find loved ones alive.  
They are sifting through rubble and mud finding anything that they can save.  
they are staring at the location their home used to be before the wave came.
wishing... that it had all been just a drill, that it was a bad dream, that they had somewhere to live, their own home. 

lives have ended...been disrupted...been devastated.

I was trying to think about how I would feel as my house collapsed around me.  
would I be able to get both kids to whatever safety there was?  
what about the wave sweeping toward my home, could I get my kids high enough, fast enough? would my husband be at work and would he be alright?  
i would want to stay strong for my family.

would i question God and His goodness?  
i can say I would definitely be asking, crying, "WHY?" 
how long until that answer would be revealed?
i believe God is in total control, and I believe He loves us, but I know I would be asking why.
would I doubt His love?  
I'd like to say I wouldn't doubt, but I honestly don't know how I would react to a catastrophe like that...

I pray for the people of Japan, and the families here in Canada and the US.  
So far away from their loved ones during this time.

This song is only $1 on itunes.  all the money raised is heading to Japan.  more people buy the song, more money can be sent to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment