Friday, November 19, 2010

My dad's having a birthday.

My dad is having a birthday this weekend.
Hope I remember to call.

I forgot my parent's anniversary - well not completely, I remembered the day before and the day after.

My dad was born in Ireland.  
I am proud to have his Irish heritage.
He is an amazing man. 
He is a man of few words, and when he speaks you listen.  
Partly because you don't want to miss it, and also because he is so quiet spoken.
I don't know if I've ever heard my dad yell.  he is not a loud man, but he doesn't need to be.

I love my dad.
He shows love.
He cares for others.
He respects.
He works hard, and has shown me a great work ethic.
He genuinely cares for and cherishes his wife, kids, grandkids, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, his in-laws, and his parents, who have passed on now.
He is always right where someone needs him to be when he is needed.
He has wise advice, all i have to do is ask.
He is funny.
He is selfless.

I thank my dad for the great man he is.  
I love my dad whole-heartedly, and am blessed to have a man like that as my father.

He is always willing to take the babies in the family and walk them around, whistling quietly until they fall asleep - or at least calm down, if upset.

My dad set an amazing example for me, he showed me how a man should be and what I should desire when finding my husband.  
I feel my husband is a lot like my dad, and I am so blessed to have 2 men like that in my life.

I can only ask that my son can see the example set for him by his Papa.

Happy Birthday Dad, I love you.


 check out my brother's blog entry about our dad - 
i think he describes my dad so much better than I do.

1 comment: