Tuesday, July 26, 2016

41

hi all.
last year i had trained for months and ran 40km on a trail to celebrate turning 40.
then came home to an amazing birthday party.
this year was a lot different.

this year i turned 41.
since my parents will not see my boy for his birthday next week they came to celebrate both our birthdays.
on the sunday (since my husband would be at work monday) we did the gift thing.
my boy and i opened our gifts.
he got Star Wars Risk and a remote control BB8

I got a pizza stone for the bbq, some books i had been wanting, a cute little dragon from my girl and tickets (to a concert in August) from my hubby.  
my boy's choice for dinner that evening - boston pizza.

on my actual birthday i slept in a little.
took my dad for a walk on our new 1km trail out back.
got a phone call from my mom-in-law.
went to lunch with my parents and kids.
then my parents headed home and the kids and i went to the boardwalk on the trail for some swimming.

HOT day!

lots of fun with them.
My 2nd jump as a 41 year old. 
then we went to the dollarstore for some candy, and i bought myself some Reese PB Cups... 
tried a couple stores to find myself a Jones Soda, but, alas... no Jones for my birthday.
after a few minutes of the kids playing at the park, while i enjoyed my pb cups, we headed home.
we headed across the tracks to let the kidlets do some scootering...
until my boy went into the ditch.
for dinner dan made french toast and i wanted to watch The Princess Bride. 
and my boy remembered to give me my new colouring book Harry Potter Magical Creatures. 

it was my birthday,
i'm now 41.
it didn't feel special...
41 feels no different than 40 did..
or 39 for that matter.
it felt like a normal summer day.
but it was wonderful.







No comments:

Post a Comment