Friday, January 3, 2014

kisses

My boy.
he's six.
he doesn't like me to kiss him.
*unless he's sick or very sad*
i am allowed hugs, 
although sometimes i have to threaten to kiss him if i don't get a hug.
he loves cuddle-time with mommy.
he loves to play with his cars, trains, transformers.
he fights with his sister.
he plays well with his sister.
he adores his daddy.
last night we had fought before bedtime.
i was tired, he was tired.
he wasn't listening to the simplest of things that came out of my mouth.
frustration ensued.
after i read to and prayed with his sister, 
i took a deep breath and walked into his room.
he was in bed crying.
i had sent him to bed without a story.

i climbed up into his loftbed and lay down beside him.
we chatted quietly.
cuddled for a bit and then i read him 
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

after, we prayed.
he prayed that God would help his daddy feel better, 
he thanked God that he got to do some bow and arrowing yesterday even though he was so cold.
he thanked God that he could come into the house and get warm after being so cold.
amen.
i prayed and then we said good night.
he was giving bear kisses.
i told him that i would love some kisses, but i had to promise that i wouldn't give any back.
he kissed me all over my face..my cheeks, my nose, my eyes, my mouth, my chin.

i laughed and said that for a kid who doesn't like getting kisses he sure liked giving them.

he smiled, his sweet smile.
"i like to give them..."
shyness shone through, 
"to someone i love."
*heart melted*

 *photos taken with Gertie, 
by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment