Monday, February 4, 2013

kindergarten (registration)

i have 2 kids. 
i have a boy.
i have a girl.
i registered my boy for kindergarten in April 2011 (see post here)
what an adventure that first year was.

this past wednesday i registered my baby girl for junior kindergarten.

wow.
she's my baby girl.
she was my baby girl.
she always corrects me and tells me she's not a baby anymore.  
she's a big girl now.
she is a big girl, 
but no matter how old she gets, how big she gets, she is my baby girl.
i don't and won't treat her like a baby obviously.
but she's my baby.
and i adore her.

she is so excited about going to school.
on the bus.
into her class.
having Mrs. M as a teacher.
i sure hope she has mrs. m as a teacher.

it's so much easier to register the second one.
i waited until april last time because i was debating.
this time registration opened up and i got the forms the first day.
i brought them on wednesday and my little one was expecting to be able to stay for her class already.
oh no.
not yet.

please not yet.

i'm sure it will be a difficult day the first time i watch both my kids get on that school bus.
i'm already feeling that sadness in my gut as i write it.
my boy keeps telling her he will take care of her on the bus and help her learn the rules.
he has also told her that he won't be able to help her in her class, because he'll be in his.
i love listening to him play the big brother.
he truly is a great big brother.

i am not planning on sending her every day.
although she keeps telling me she is going every day.
i'm planning on sending her 3 days a week.
and we'll see how  i  we she does with that.

wow.
my baby girl will be 4 in March.
she will be in junior kindergarten in September.
i'm not ready yet.
maybe i'll be ready by September.






No comments:

Post a Comment