Tuesday, February 26, 2013

thankful

Hi Blog.
to be honest, i had forgotten about you.
we were sick.
then away and sick.
now back and not so sick.
and today i remembered you.

so.  
what's new?

i went to church last weekend with my mom.
the worship leader asked a question that has stuck in my head since she said it.

"if you were to wake up tomorrow morning with only the things you had been thankful for today, 
what would you have?"

i thought about that.
i had thanked God for my kids that morning, 
i immediately thanked Him for my husband, and my family.

but over the last few days i've been thinking about specifics.

i am thankful that we're only fighting colds. 
i'm thankful that we're not fighting anything debilitating, or life threatening.
i'm thankful my dad is cancer free.
i'm thankful that i have a husband that loves me, and that he's alive and well.
i'm thankful that i have my sight.
my hearing.
my kids and husband have those too.
i'm thankful for the roof over our heads.
our home.
for the furniture God has blessed our home with.
the food in our cupboards.
i'm thankful for the land we live on, the trees in our yard.
thankful for our dog and cat.
thankful for the job my husband has, that supports our home so i can be here with the kids.
i'm thankful for my friend Theresa who has been with me through many years, and we are able to raise our kids together.
i'm thankful for the sunshine.
i'm thankful for the different seasons we are blessed to enjoy, and complain about.
i'm thankful for my childrens' smiles and joy of life.
i'm thankful for my memories.
for my salvation, through Christ.

to name a few.

what are you thankful this day?
if you were to wake up with only what you had been thankful for today...
what would you have?




No comments:

Post a Comment