Wednesday, October 3, 2012

grey

Grey.

i have hair that color.

not a lot.

but they're there.

i don't plan on dying my hair just because of those hairs.
if i dye my hair i want it to be just because i want to.

i've had black hair, 
i've allowed my natural brown to stay, 
i've had red hi-lites, 
i've had hair with a burgundy tint, 
i've had a bleached portion of my hair.
i've done sun-in in sections.
i've had a 'q-tip' looking perm.
i've had a boy-cut.
i've had dreadlocks.

i guess i can now add that my hair has some natural red hi-lites 
with a grey accent to it.

by the way.
my dreads are out.
i miss them.

but no matter what.
if i dye it.
if i dread it.
it'll stay long.
i want long grey hair.
no short, permed, grey hair for me.

i'm kind of thinking of having grey dreads one day.

Grey hair is a crown of splendor, 
it is attained by a righteous life.
 Proverbs 16:31
The glory of young men is their strength,
grey hair the splendor of the old.
Proverbs 20:29


**i don't think of myself as old... although i am only 3 years away from 40.  haha! isn't that considered ancient?**

No comments:

Post a Comment