Friday, October 5, 2012

Thanksgiving

I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner. 
on Sunday
my parents and dan's parents are coming.
i love hosting dinners like this.

i am thankful for Thanksgiving.
why?
it is a day where i am made to think of what i am thankful for.

it's so easy to grumble.
to complain.
to nit-pick.
to criticize.
to frown.

 day to day.
it's easier to look at the problems
than the blessings.

10 things i am thankful for:
(in no particular order)

1. That God created this world, and that He loves me.
2. my husband.  
3. my kidlets.
4. my family 
(Boyles, Quiggs, Dixons, Spooners, Murphys, Stricklands, etc.etc.)
5. God is creative and has blessed me with creativity.
6. i have a house to live in.
7. my dad beat cancer.
8. autumn.
9. that Elijah loves school this year.
10. turkey dinners :)

i need to remember to be thankful all year round.
but i am thankful we have this weekend to focus on the blessings in our lives, 
because sometimes i forget to be thankful on a regular day.

What are some things you're thankful for?

Elijah's brought this home from school.  He figured out how to spell each of our names on his own.
Love how he spelled daddy

Dakota's work for Cubbies.
She had to draw the 6 days of creation.
in #1 it's a light bulb.  in #3 it's land..the big orange blob is a high mountain and the thin circle lines are the echo.


No comments:

Post a Comment