Tuesday, April 23, 2013

reminder from my girl.

On Sunday i went with my little girl to Canadian Tire.
While driving there i told her i just needed to return an item.
she asked me if she could stay in the car while i did that.
i told her no she had to come in with me.

"but you're just bringing that back and i can wait here for you."

i told her she wasn't allowed to wait in the car by herself.
she wouldn't be by herself. "i have lammie"
i told her lammie isn't an adult.
"but i have lammie and God."

my initial thought was god doesn't count.
she has a stuffed lamb whose name is god.  
that's right. 
a lamb named god.

"do you mean you have lammie and god your lamb?"
she laughed and told me no.  
she meant God, God.  

she proceeded to tell me that with lammie and God in the car with her she should be allowed to stay.
God is with her every where she goes.
He watches over her.
and takes care of her.
she told me then that no matter what God is with her.
"i can't hide from God."

i asked her if Jonah tried to run away from God.
"yeah, but he forgot that you can't run away from God, because God is already there. 
He sees you everywhere."

*there was more to the conversation, about the police, and about having an adult with her..
but those were the key points.*


thank you for the reminder little one.


-she forgot about her argument.  she did come in with me.-



No comments:

Post a Comment