Monday, March 25, 2013

facebook break

GAH!
i need a break from facebook.

it's funny.
funny sad...not funny haha 
i don't do anything on there except post a status now and then and read the news feed...
oh yeah, and a scrabble game or two.
i love scrabble.
but it seems to take up a whole stink-load of my time.
i'll be going to sit and have breakfast
...oh, ill check fb.
heading in to sit with the kids
...oh, i'll take a quick look at fb.
i think i want to sit and read my new book
... i'll check fb first.
i haven't done devotions for a couple days, i should get my Bible now
...i'll just check fb quickly.

stupid.
what a waste of time.
barely anything changes.
most status updates are annoying.

obviously i do care about some of the stuff i read or see pictures of.
but the majority i didn't need to know right then.
my life is not any better for having read it.

so i'm taking a break.  
for this week.
this week from Palm Sunday to Easter.
i may not focus on God during the times i would normally be checking fb.
reading my Bible, praying, belting out praise songs..
i may be cleaning, reading, cuddling with my kids or husband..

but i need to put fb back in its place.
it is not first, second, third, fourth...in my life.
it should not be in my top ten.

but this world we live in.
this culture we live in.
social media.
it has become first for many people.

for me.
this week.
this Easter week.
i need to set my priorities.
and facebook.
you are not a priority in my life.

these two, however, are a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment