Wednesday, October 27, 2010

a love of mine.

Back in July my husband and brother ran a marathon.

This marathon was because my brother, Timmy Boyle, was dreaming and dreaming big. 
One of his dreams to accomplish by the time he turned 37 was to run a marathon. 
Dan never had a dream to run one but he trained anyway and ran it with Tim.

While there my sister-in-law and myself wandered around the 1/2 way point/finish line..
and the arena where there was a pancake breakfast. 
There were a couple women selling photographs. 

Local women who loved photography
- did it as a hobby -
and had been encouraged by friends and family to try selling some of their work. 

They were doing something I loved to do. 
I love taking pictures. 
i don't know if anyone else would want them but I love the photos I take.

Recently Dan has encouraged me to take more pictures... do photo shop stuff to ones I want to...
and who knows, maybe frame and sell some at some point.   
I'd love to get better at photography, and maybe one day get a nice camera..
but i have to get out there and start taking some now...
if I take them enough, and bring some of my work to a farmers market or craft show -
maybe I'll see if there's a point to purchase a better camera...

but a hobby it will be, whether or not anyone else wants the pictures. 

i love it...

i enjoy doing it...

for those reasons I will take photos wherever I see something i want to capture.




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. That last pic of Kota is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you felix!
    you do have a talent for taking photos! i think we all need to find the "thing" that makes us happy and then do it!!
    (if i see you at a farmers market selling your photos...i'll buy one!!)

    ReplyDelete