Tuesday, April 15, 2014

it's a snow day.

today's date is Tuesday April 15.
and the kids had a snow day!
that's right buses were cancelled.
that's right.
cancelled.

i woke up to fresh fallen snow outside.
another 5cm expected for the day.

whatever, 
i'm fine with a cancellation.
my husband told me the roads were quite slippery on the way to work this morn, 
so cancelled buses are fine.

yesterday it was raining.
snow was melting.
flooding was imminent in the area.

today it's covered with a beautiful white covering.

i guess i slept through the rest of spring, the whole of summer and fall.  
it's winter again.
Merry Christmas!

no, i don't have a photo of the snow.
i just didn't want to take a photo.
for real.

as i posted on facebook
my kids are very different in some of their likes and dislikes.
we had some prayer time this morning as they finished breakfast.

the girls prayer was something to the effect of 
"dear God, please help it be spring, soon!"

then there's our boy.
"dear God, thank you that there's more snow than yesterday."
he loves winter.
he was sad it began melting - - yet quite happy to play with boats in the large puddles.

our girl has been wearing shorts for over a month now.
*whenever we let her get away with it*

happy snow day.
see ya when it's spring again.


****

running selfies that have been waiting to be posted.


 
my little girl came out to greet me when i came home.  


my boy came out to greet me this time.
actually both did, but i got a photo with him since i had one with my girl the previous run day.



Last night i finally registered us for the Band on the Run.
Husband: half-marathon.
Me: 10K
the boy: 1K

my girl is a little too little still.   
next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment