Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hypocrite?

**Chris Tomlin - probably my favorite writer/singer of 'worship' music.**


This song brings me chills. 
i love the words.
we sang it at church this morning.

when i sing it i believe the words,

but

today as I was singing it I got to thinking.
"do I truly believe it? do I live as though I believe what I'm singing?"

I know how songs like this can get me.
chills.
tears.
passions arise.

what do i do with all that after the song is over?

I sing these songs in church
I raise my hands
sing loud
close my eyes
cry

I feel close to God.
I feel His presence.

I stop singing.
I sit down.
 
God knows I do believe the words.
God knows i want to be Joshua,
Daniel,
Shadrach (and friends),
 Peter,
Stephen,
Mary.

God knows I also struggle daily with stepping out with confidence.
I just need to be willing.


No comments:

Post a Comment