Thursday, December 9, 2010

J@de

I have 5 nephews and 3 nieces. (i hope I counted right)
Today my oldest niece turns 17.
me and J@de
I first met Jade (she prefers to write it J@de) when she was a baby.
I know that sounds like that is the most expected thing, but Jade is in no way blood-related.  
although I think she is.  
Her mom and my brother dated when Jade was a baby and I wanted her to be my niece back then. 
it took a few years but Jade is my niece.  
and I am so glad she is.

Jade is a beautiful young woman with a huge heart.  
She loves everyone.
family is so very important to her.  
friends are the world.  
God is crucial to living. 

I am proud of the young woman she has become.

She is extremely gifted in the arts - drawing, photography, and drama is in her scope too.
She loves music - music is her soul. 

I think she is overlooked too often because she is so willing to give of herself to her family and friends (and as a teen I know it doesn't come across so obviously sometimes)

She is quiet, but funny.
She adores her step-dad, my brother, and loves to go to his comedy shows.  
What a support and encouragement I know she's been to him as he starts off his comedy career.

She loves serving God - even though it is a thankless job a lot of the time.  
(on mission trips, and at camp)

I have a gorgeous niece and i pray often for her.  
I see myself in this girl who joined our family at a young age.  
i adore her.  
She is wise - but doesn't realize it.  
She is absolutely beautiful, but doesn't realize it. 
I am blessed to have her in my life.  
She is an encouragement to me in many ways. 

I pray this next year of her life is full of many unexpected blessings, many friendships strengthening and forming, many dreams accomplished and dreamt. 

Love you J@de. 

No comments:

Post a Comment