Thursday, October 4, 2018

soul care

this is the blog entry that started out as a personal journal entry but throughout writing it it transformed into a blog post.

Here I am sitting at the Dwight Beach dock. 

listening to the wind rustling the harvest stalks decorating the shelter, 
the waves lapping the rocks and the dock, 
feeling the wind brushing my cheek and the sun kissing my face.
What a gorgeous autumn day.
Big fluffy clouds in a bright blue sky, 
bright colored leaves adorning the trees in the distance, 
and quiet...
peace.

Even the people i have encountered both at Ragged Falls
and now here at the beach are not loud and chatty cathies.
they are whispering and silent as they take in the beauty that is Muskoka/Algonquin in the fall.
maybe there's a sadness on their hearts, 
perhaps hope and joy.
maybe they are in an invisible pain, 
or their bodies aren't what they used to be.
perhaps they have reached a time in life that they are good - life is good.
maybe there are stresses they have never shared.


i pray that in the silent moment as they take in the beauty, 
the solitude of nature...
i pray that they will hear the whisper of the Creator
"i love you, precious one."
i know that is what i heard as i took it all in.

Gertie and Norbert 
Norbert is my new iphone 6
came with me on this adventure.
i walked barefoot 
(should have left my birks in the van)
along the Ragged Falls trail and loved the feeling of the mud squishing through my toes.
the best feeling ever.

This was not a planned adventure.
When i got up this morning i was just going to get ready for family coming to visit this weekend.
but as the kids and i waited for the bus i had this pull to grab Gertie and Norbert, 
get into Meatlug 
(the van)
and go somewhere to be surrounded by the creation that refreshes my soul.

so i did it.


i didn't have a destination until i let myself drive past my beloved Limberlost trails.

Sometimes our souls need a time of refreshing, 
so that the Lord can speak to us.
it is so important to take those times 
- when possible - 
i will admit a little something.
i skipped my ladies Bible study to do this.
i needed this time with me, God and the beauty He has blessed us with.

Take time this Thanksgiving weekend to refresh your soul.
Let God speak to you.
this can be a crazy weekend and for some it's a time of stress, 
others sadness, 
and other's laughter.
At some point take some time by yourself.
sit, 
walk, 
run, 
hike, 
lie down,
skip,
cuddle a sleeping baby
and thank God that He loves you and calls you precious.

Thank you Lord.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
how vast is the sum of them!
Psalm 139:17

photos taken by me with Gertie and Norbert

No comments:

Post a Comment