Monday, December 10, 2012

whistlin'


i love listening to my kids play
when they're not fighting.

one of my favorite things to hear is
dakota playing and making up stories with the cars and horses.
changing her voice with each character.

the other is
elijah playing and making up stories with his cars and trucks
changing his voice with each character.

but my favorite thing these days is
elijah building something with lego
and whistling.

my dad is a whistler.

he whistles when he carries a tired baby
he whistles when he's cleaning.
he whistles when he's walking.
he whistles when he's just content and it's quiet.
i loved that as a kid.

now
my son is a whistler.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!
    My grandfather was a whistler. I have memories of sitting in the living room after dinner, listening to my Grandfather whistle as he washed the dishes.

    ReplyDelete